Thursday, December 25, 2008

SHE's HOME!!!

I'm attempting to keep the order of Dieunikas story but I MUST interupt and inject that after a manic few weeks of missing paperwork for her medical visa, not to mention disappointment, heart ache and missing her terribly.....SHE's HOME!! The greatest Christmas present EVER! Her FIRST CHRISTMAS with us! My family is so overwhelmed with joy! Daddy can't stop kissing her!




kiss daddy


dieunikas first christmas



This is only the beginning of our adoption process, but we are soooooo extremely thankful for the miracle that we have her here with us now. God went before us and all the frustration prior was erased with the issue of her medical visa in ONE day!!! My heart does ache for her mother and father. Their last spent time with her was just a half a day of running around and then waiting for the issuance, as they had to be present for the interview for the medical visa. The look in their eyes as they had a quick goodbye on the side of the road as we left them in the city pierced my heart. With tears in her eyes her mother kissed my cheek and reminded me to please keep in touch. I could barely spit out I will, I will. My tears were nothing to their pain. Once they left, the silence was like a sharp sword of reality. How hard to want to rejoice, especially knowing someone else's sadness and sacrifice. Please keep them in your prayers! All the honor goes to them for their love of Dieunika.

1 comment:

Weathered & Worn said...

Beautiful Picture! The smile says it all!